Balloons are always an amazing addition to any party or gathering, adding instant fun, not to mention colorful decorations, to any occasion. Sure, it’s easy to grab a few helium-filled balloons and tie them to chairs around your event, but why not take adding balloons a step further? That’s what we did with these adorable balloon flowers and caterpillar centerpieces using $1 supplies from Dollar Tree. Plus, absolutely no helium is required to create this look… all you need is the lungs you were born with or a balloon pump (also available at Dollar Tree, of course)! This fresh, summery look is ideal for birthday parties, garden parties, a get-together with the girls, family reunions, as so much more. Now, let’s get ready to have some fun with balloons!
Pick Up a Few Supplies at Dollar Tree:
- Foil Flower Balloons (One for each “potted” balloon flower)
- Green Pool Noodles (or roll of green wrapping paper)
- Flower Pots
- 2 Bags of Decorative Stones (per “potted” balloon flower)
- 1 Bag of Reindeer Moss or Decorative Paper Shreds (per “potted” balloon flower)
- 1 Roll of Tape
- 1 Pack of 100-ct. Water Balloons
- Balloon Pump
- 1 Pack of Bobby Pins
- 1 Pack of Chenille Stems
- 1 Pack of Googly Eyes
- 1 Sharpie Marker
Time to Create This Adorable Centerpiece:
- Inflate the foil flower balloon with air using an air pump (or your own lungs).
- Using two hands, twist off the desired length of the pool noodle “stem.”
- Place the stem in the flower pot and fill the rest of the pot with stones to stabilize your stem and hold it upright.
- Cover stones with reindeer moss or shreds. Attach a foil balloon to the top of the stem with tape.
- Blow up two green water balloons and tie closed.
- Put a bobby pin around the knot of each balloon and push the pins into the stem.
- For the caterpillar, inflate red or yellow water balloons, inflating balloons slightly larger for the heads.
- As you tie the knot to seal the balloon, insert the chenille stem into the knot before tightening. Continue to add balloons to the stem until full. Attach multiple stems together using tape.
- Tape chenille stems and googly eyes to the head of the caterpillar and draw a face with a Sharpie marker.
- Arrange the potted flowers and caterpillars on your table(s) and get ready for your guests to gush over how cute your centerpieces are!
Looking for even more fun balloon ideas you can create without having to use helium? Check out these two awesome balloon chandeliers!