The Fourth of July is an exciting holiday filled with fireworks, parades, and cookouts. Add some festive flare to your celebration with these delicious berry star pies. Strawberries, flaky crust, and blueberries combine for tasty patriotic red, white, and blue treats. With just a few ingredients and simple steps, you can create these cute grab-and-go dessert pies!
Star-Spangled and Savory Supplies:
- 1 Cup (Frozen) Strawberries
- ½ Cup Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Package (Two 9″ Round) Refrigerated Pie Crust
- Mixing Bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- Star-Shaped Cookie Cutter or Knife
Tasty Patriotic Treats Await!
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the berries, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch.
- Lay both rounds of pie dough on a floured surface and cut out 12-star shapes using a cookie cutter or knife.
- Lay 6-star shapes on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Using a spoon, scoop a small amount of berry mixture onto the center of the stars.
- Place adjoining star shapes on top of the berries and seal the edges by crimping the dough with a fork. Cut small slits in the top of each pie to allow the steam to vent.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, or until crust is browned.
- Let the pies cool completely on the cookie sheet, remove carefully with a spatula, and serve or store covered in the refrigerator.
Look for an additional sweet treat to serve up this 4th of July? Try making these delicious no-bake patriotic cake pops!