The classic marshmallow can be a versatile party food. Covered in chocolate and dipped in fun toppings, you can create unique flavor combinations for any guest list. Wrap the marshmallow pops in cellophane and tie them with a ribbon for tasty party favors, or serve on a tray as a gourmet treat. It’s amazing how far a few bucks can go!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What’s You’ll Need:
- Large Marshmallows
- Cocktail Picks
- Chocolate Bars (One 3.5-oz. bar will coat 8-10 marshmallows.)
- Toppings (See Fun Tips)
- Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Wax Paper
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Prepare the marshmallow toppings by chopping nuts, crushing cookies, etc. Pour the topping pieces into separate small plates.
- Melt the chocolate bars in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 10-15 seconds until the chocolate is smooth. Note: Keep an eye on the chocolate as it melts because scorched chocolate is not usable.
- Stick a cocktail pick into a large marshmallow and dip it into the chocolate so the bottom half of the marshmallow is covered. Use the side of the bowl to scrape off excess chocolate and smooth out the dipped sides.
- Coat the marshmallow by rolling it in a topping on the plate. Place the marshmallow on wax paper to harden.
- Repeat the process for all of the marshmallows, dipping them in different toppings.
- Serve on a chilled plate and enjoy!
- Crushed Cookies – Create a s’mores topping with graham cracker crumbs and milk chocolate, or use crushed chocolate sandwich or coconut cookies with dark chocolate.
- Chopped Nuts – Pair with chopped dried fruit or dark chocolate.
- Sprinkles – Always a hit with party guests!
More Unusual Combinations:
- Bacon Pieces – Mix a tablespoon of peanut butter with the melted chocolate and dip the marshmallow into bacon.
- Caramel & Sea Salt – Unwrap and melt a few caramels. Dip the marshmallow in the melted caramel and sprinkle with coarsely ground sea salt. Allow to cool on a lightly greased piece of wax paper. Once cool, dip in chocolate.
- Coffee – Mix three packets of natural sugar with 2 teaspoons of instant coffee. Pair with dark chocolate.
Want s’more of these ideas? Check out these simple s’mores kits!