Thanksgiving has come and gone, so now it’s time to set up the holiday decorations! There’s no better way to greet your guests during the holidays than with gorgeous garland wreaths adorned with ornaments and big red bows. Check out this festive DIY wreath idea that’ll cost you less than $15… a price that’s sure to make you merry! Stop by your local Dollar Tree for a few $1 supplies and follow these steps to add a holly jolly welcome at the entrance of your home or business in no time.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Foam Board
- 2 Sets of 10-ct. LED Lights
- 2 Lengths of 12-ft. Pine Garland
- 15-ct. Pack of Ornaments
- Velvet Bow with Bells
- Clear Shipping Tape
- 4-ct. Pack of “AA” Batteries
- 300-ct. Pack of Ornament Hooks
- 14″ Round Metal Wreath Hanger
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Cut the sheet of foam board into a 2″-wide 22″ circle to create a wreath form.
- Insert batteries into the LED lights. Push lights gently through the foam from the back side to the front so the lights are visible on the front of the wreath.
- Repeat with the second string of lights, spacing them evenly around the wreath form, but leaving empty space where the bow will go.
- Tape the battery holder to the back of the wreath using clear shipping tape.
- Beginning at the bottom of the wreath, secure one end of the pine garland to the back of the wreath with clear shipping tape and wind it around the wreath form, securing the other end with tape when finished. Repeat with the second garland until the form is full.
- Add ornaments to the front of the wreath by taking an ornament hook, bending it into a U-shape, and then pushing the ends of the “U” through the foam to the back of the wreath. Twist the ornament hooks at the back of the wreath to secure each ornament.
- Add a velvet bow at the bottom of the wreath using the same method as the ornaments.
- If needed, pull the lights further through the foam so they are not completely covered by garland or ornaments.
- Hang your wreath on your front door using a 14″ metal wreath hanger.