Hey all you boos and ghouls, guess what? Halloween will be here before you know it, which means it’s time to start getting spooky! One of my favorite parts about Halloween is the dressing up. I usually dress up at least once or twice during the Halloween season whether it be for a work Halloween costume contest, a Halloween party, or to celebrate Halloween in itself. No matter the occasion, I always I have to have a different look for each event.
This year, I went to my local Dollar Tree and was instantly inspired by their huge variety of Halloween décor and not to mention their makeup! I wanted to be a traditional “Mummy” for at least one event this Halloween, although thanks to Dollar Tree, I was able to really spook it out. Check out below to see how I created one of my all-time favorite Halloween makeup looks… a “Mummy.” Trust, me your friends will be dying to know how you did it!
Head to Your Local Dollar Tree to Pick Up These Supplies:
- Makeup Brushes
- Sassy+Chic B.B. Beauty Cream
- L.A. Colors® Smokey Eyeshadow
- L.A. Colors® Nude Eyeshadow
- L.A. Colors® Black Auto Eyeliner
- L.A. Colors® Shadow by Numbers (Neutral)
- L.A. Colors® Black Matte Liquid Liner
- L.A. Colors® Shiny Lipstick (I used red and black)
- L.A. Colors® Black Big Lash Mascara
- L.A. Colors® Red Nail Polish
- Beige Cotton Creepy Cloth
- Bobby Pins
Time to Get Mummified!
- To begin with, I first applied foundation as normally would using Sassy+Chic B.B. Beauty Cream.
- Next, I used L.A. Colors® Black Smokey Eyeshadow and applied it to cheekbones, the top of my forehead, and around the bottom of my eyes to give a “mummified” look.
- This next part is optional, but I then took L.A. Colors® Red Shiny Lipstick to create “blood” around my cheekbones and forehead (or wherever you feel like putting it).
- Next, I applied L.A. Colors® Black Smokey Eyeshadow to the top of my eyelids to create a “smoky eye” look.
- Once I was finished with my eyeshadow, I used L.A. Colors® Black Auto Eyeliner and applied it to the top and bottom of my eyelids. I decided to make a slightly thicker line than I typically would if I was doing my “everyday” kind of makeup.
- To complete my eyes, I used L.A. Colors® Matte Liquid Liner and L.A. Colors® Black Big Lash Mascara for my eye lashes.
- Once my eye makeup was complete, I decided my mummify my look and use Dollar Tree’s creepy cloth to frame my face! I cut my Beige Cotton Creepy Cloth into sections and applied red nail polish in sections to make it appear as though it was covered in “blood” (the “blood” is optional).
- I then took the sectioned creepy cloth and attached it with bobby pins around my face and hairline.
- Once again, I used black eyeshadow and applied in different areas on the creepy cloth to give it an “aged” look.
- Next, I used L.A. Colors® Black Shiny Lipstick and applied it to my lips.
- Finally, I used black smoky eyeshadow and applied it to the outer portion of my lips to again give it a “mummified” look!
Oh, mummy is this look to die for or what?
Looking for even more Halloween makeup ideas? Check out this fun marionette doll idea!