Did you know that pecans, walnuts, and most other tree nuts are in season right now? We’re sharing a sweet and flavorful pecan recipe you can make to share as a wonderful gift or snack for the holidays. With just a handful of additional ingredients, you can transform regular pecans into sweet candied treats!
Shop at Dollar Tree – Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Egg White
- 1½ Cup of Pecans
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
- Mixing Bowl
- Wooden Spoon
- Baking Sheet
- Cooking Spray or Parchment Paper
Easy Step-by-Step Directions:
- Preheat oven to 250° and gather all ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl, coat pecans completely with egg whites.
- Add sugar and spices to the pecans, mixing until evenly coated.
- Bake on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet for one hour, stirring the nuts every 15 minutes.
- Allow the pecans to cool completely for about 30 minutes. Serve in a bowl for snacking, in a gift bag as a treat, or sprinkle over a seasonal salad!