With the holidays comes shopping, planning, and prepping for your guests or at least it does in my household. I am always so busy working and running errands that making a healthy and hearty meal is not one of my top priorities. Every year, I simply never have enough time to cook an entire meal, so my family and I end up eating fast food just about every night during the holiday season. However, this year I am going to change that and plan ahead by prepping our meals.
I decided to make some delicious and easy slow cooker freezer meals ahead of time, that way when I don’t know what to make my family for dinner or don’t have time, I can simply pull one out of the freezer, put it in my slow cooker, and let it cook for a few hours until it is done! For one of my meals, I decided to make a cranberry chicken using only 3 ingredients! I combined all of my ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer storage bag, and put it in my freezer. A day or so before we were ready to eat I pulled it the meal out of the freezer, let it thaw, and cooked it in my slow cooker for an easy meal!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Slow Cooker (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Gallon-Sized Plastic Freezer Storage Bags
- 16-oz. of Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Cup of French Dressing (Or make your own by blending olive oil, vinegar, tomato paste, ketchup, brown sugar, paprika, and salt)
- Mixing Spoon
- Permanent Marker
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Put all of your ingredients in freezer bag and label it, so that you know which meal it is.
- Take your prepped freezer meal out of the freezer and let it thaw in your fridge for about a day. If you are looking for a quicker solution, let the freezer meal thaw in warm water (make sure to keep the meal inside of your sealed storage bag) and cook in a skillet on your stove top until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Place all of your ingredients in your slow cooker, turn on high, and cover.
- Let cook for about 4-5 hours and stir every half hour until your chicken is completely cooked You can also cook on low for 8 hours while you are at work, plus there is no need to stir on low..
- Turn off your slow cooker, garnish with parsley, and serve while warm.
Looking for additional ways to save on time and on your budget? Try making this delicious and hearty Swedish meatball meal!