I firmly believe that potatoes are a must on any Thanksgiving menu! With a variety of recipes and traditions available at my fingertips, I like to keep things easy and delicious therefore, I have come up with this recipe for loaded baked potato casserole, which will please both children and adults. Simply, combine the flavors of beloved baked potatoes into one dish to serve a crowd. I used extra potatoes I already had however, mashes potatoes or even au gratin potatoes from Dollar Tree, work great as well and baked them with cream cheese, bacon (or bacon bits), cheddar cheese, spices, and topped it all off with sour cream and chives. Savory, scrumptious, and simple to prepare, this dish keeps you out of the kitchen and enjoying time spent with your guests; what’s not to love?!
Stock Up On These Ingredients:
- 6 Slices of Bacon, Cooked and Chopped
- Potatoes (I used some I had leftover, but you can also used mashed potatoes)
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Canola Oil
- 6 Ounces of Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 Cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2/3 Cup of Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Chives or Green Onion
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Disposable 9×13″ Baking Casserole Pan (for easy clean-up!)
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Preheat oven to 425˚ degrees and spray the casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the prepared potatoes into the casserole pan. Mix (or toss) the potatoes with salt, pepper, and oil. If using raw potatoes you have at home, bake for 45 minutes, until soft and golden brown. If using instant potatoes, simply place in baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese until smoothly combined. Dollop the mixture evenly over the potatoes, then sprinkle the remaining cheese and chopped bacon.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and dollop sour cream over the casserole and sprinkle with the chives. Serve warm and enjoy!
Don’t forget about the drinks! Make a toast to fall with these festive drinks!