A classic signature dish made each Thanksgiving is, without a doubt, sweet potato casserole! A buttery mixture of cinnamon and sweet potatoes topped with sugary pecans and toasted marshmallows makes for the ultimate fall-inspired side dish. A vegetable disguised as a sweet treat, this delicious casserole is a must-make. It isn’t quite a complete Thanksgiving meal without it!
- 1/2 Stick of Melted Butter
- 6 Cups of Canned Yams or Sweet Potato Puree
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup of Flour
- ½ Cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ Stick of Melted Butter
- ¼ Cup of Pecans
- 1-2 Cups of Mini Marshmallows
Additional Supplies Needed:
- Disposable 9×11″ Casserole Pan
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
Sweet and Simple Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚. Prepare the casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, potatoes, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and eggs.
- Transfer the mixture into the casserole pan and smooth level with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, butter and pecans. Spread the mixture on top of the potato mixture, alternating with mini marshmallows.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbly. Enjoy and serve while warm!
Don’t forget about dessert! Whip up this tasty and easy traditional cheesecake!