The holidays are creeping up and with them comes fun and festive décor! Whether or not you have a fireplace, birch logs are an easy way to bring that rustic Christmas vibe into your home. Real logs can be expensive, so why not make your own using paper towel rolls from Dollar Tree! Easy and affordable to make, these logs are sure to make a statement, plus your guests will never believe that your made them using $1 supplies from Dollar Tree!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Empty Paper Towel Rolls
- Brown Mailing Paper
- Mod Podge®
- White and Black Acrylic Paint
- White Wrapping Paper
- Faux Greenery, Flowers, etc.
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- First, I took an almost-empty paper towel roll and covered it in brown mailing paper. I used Mod Podge® to seal the paper around the roll.
- Then, using white acrylic paint and a medium-sized paint brush, I painted the mailing paper that covered the roll.
- Next, I took a small paint brush and added touches of black paint and blended it out to create light and dark streaks.
- Then, again using Mod Podge®, I added plain white wrapping paper around the entire roll to add some texture.
- Next, I tied a pretty Christmas bow around both of the logs and added in a bit of fake greenery.
- I then arranged the logs in a small basket and added some pinecones for decoration.
Such a fun and easy way to spice up your fireplace or mantle this Christmas!
Looking for even more DIY Christmas décor? Try making these adorable DIY paintbrush Christmas tree ornaments!