Everybody loves “Frosty the snowman…” so why not make your very own Frosty to decorate your home with! When I was in my local Dollar Tree, I came across these awesome 3D wreath forms and had the great idea to make snowmen out of them! I used two different sizes and wrapped white garland around them. Then, I attached the two together to form “Frosty” and topped him off with a scarf, hat, and nose. Perfect to display on your front porch or entryway of your home!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 2, 3D Wreath Forms (1, 10” and 1, 14”)
- Hot Glue Sticks
- 2-3 Packs of White or Silver Garland
- Top Hat
- Felt Nose
- Kid’s Scarf
- Floral Wire
- Hot Glue Gun (Not Sold at Dollar Tree)
- Optional: Bucket
Get Ready to Make an Everlasting Frosty!
- Assemble the 3D wreath forms as instructed with the included metal braces. I reinforced mine with hot glue at both of the points to make it extra sturdy.
- Wrap the white or silver garland around each wire, dotting with hot glue occasionally to keep it in place. It is best to do this at the tops and bottoms of each wire and at least twice in the middle.
- Once entirely wrapped in garland, stack the smaller wreath on top of the larger wreath and adhere together with floral wire.
- Now it’s time to decorate your snowman. Cut a carrot shape from felt and remove the hat from the headband then hot glue them in place.
- Tie the scarf around the neck to conceal the floral wire. If you’re using a bucket to help him stand up, run a bead of hot glue around the rim before placing the base of the snowman (centered) on it.
There you have it… your very own frosty! Now it’s time to make a wreath for your front door, so give this giant snowflake wreath a try!