Tired of the same old football appetizers? Bake a savory dip filled with spices, cheese, and clams instead! Add a touch of buffalo or hot sauce for a classic touch of tailgate. This recipe can be made with everyday pantry ingredients. You can easily swap out the clams for oysters, as well! Bake and serve hot in a skillet with crackers for dipping. This classy appetizer is a perfect way to spice up any game-day viewing party or to enjoy before dinner on a chilly winter’s day!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2, 6.5-oz Cans of Chopped Clams or Oysters in Juice (retain the juice)
- 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp. – 1/2 Tsp. of Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp. of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. of Dried Oregano
- 1/4 Tsp. of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. of Dried Parsley
- 1/8 Tsp. of Dried Thyme
- 1 Cup of Crushed Oyster Crackers
- Casserole Dish
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Follow Along Step-by-Step:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and over low heat and add the two cans of clams or oysters, including the juice.
- Add Parmesan, hot sauce, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, parsley, and thyme and stir to combine.
- Add crushed oyster crackers and stir as the mixture thickens.
- Transfer dip to a greased baking dish or keep it in skillet (if oven safe) and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with crackers for dipping!
Needing more dip ideas? Well you can’t go wrong with the classic buffalo chicken dip!